Assurant Health has been in business since 1892 and is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by Time Insurance Company, John Alden Life Insurance Company and Union Security Insurance Company. Together, these three underwriting companies provide health insurance coverage to people nationwide. Each underwriting company is financially responsible for its own insurance products. Primary products include individual medical, small business health insurance, short term health insurance and student health insurance products, as well as non-insurance products and consumer-choice products such as Health Savings Accounts and Health Reimbursement Arrangements. Assurant Health is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with operations offices in Minnesota, Idaho and Florida, as well as sales offices across the country. The Assurant Health Web site is http://www.assuranthealth.com/.
Assurant Health is built on the cornerstone of consumer choice — providing ongoing flexibility and choices in health insurance financing solutions as well as choice of providers. With more than 200,000 local agents that are dedicated to supporting their customers. Assurant Health has a reputation of integrity in honoring its commitments to customers.
Size, Stability, Strength
- Assurant Health is a leader in the individual medical health insurance market.
- Assurant Health’s underwriting companies are among the top sellers of temporary health insurance in the U.S.
- Assurant Health’s underwriting companies are among the leading independent providers of health insurance to small businesses, individuals and their families, with almost one million covered lives.
- Assurant Health was one of the first to introduce Health Savings Accounts, and its companies continue to be top sellers of HSAs.
- Assurant Health has developed a portfolio of Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) for small businesses.
- Assurant Health’s legal entities, Time Insurance Company and John Alden Life Insurance Company, have each been assigned an A.M. Best rating of A- (Excellent). Union Security Insurance Company is rated A- (Excellent).
Source: A.M. Best Ratings and Analysis, November 2009.
Assurant is a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses — Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits — partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets. The Assurant business units provide debt protection administration; credit-related insurance; warranties and service contracts; pre-funded funeral insurance; creditor-placed homeowners insurance; manufactured housing homeowners insurance; individual health and small employer group health insurance; group dental insurance; group disability insurance; and group life insurance.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has more than $26 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York’s financial district. www.assurant.com.