Anthem blue cross is the insurance provider trusted by millions of Californians. It is one company that has been able to garner the trust of all Californians in the field of health and well being.
It has been providing health and financial security for more than 7 decades. It has captured a substantial slice of the market and is estimated to be covering a total of 8.3 million people in California alone.
Anthem blue cross provides both individual and group insurance. Its mission is to provide total health care to all Californians through cost effective and comprehensive insurance plans.
Anthem blue cross consists of a team of dedicated individuals who invest their time and effort to come up with health coverage solutions that are easily accessible to all Californians irrespective of their social and economic background. The customer service is excellent and the regular problems associated with insurance, regarding selection and processing of various plans and policies becomes easy with the help and support of this excellent team. The backup service is excellent too. Anthem blue cross is the other name for professionalism. Here you get affordable health care with minimum hassles.
Anthem has a host of plans and policies that are both accessible and affordable. Their range of products includes:
- Benefits with special provisions and a unique education and enrollment site for small businesses
- Dental, Vision, Life and Disability coverage
- 360 health management programme, which is a set of resources, programmes, services and tools which enables small groups to have their own personal insurance
- Anthem blue cross on the basis of its excellent service has won several awards and is considered the top insurance carrier in California
- Anthem blue cross is the first and continues to be the only PPO in California to have earned a full accreditation from NCQA5.Full accreditation is the highest level obtainable for a PPO
- Anthem blue cross HMO/POS has been endowed with excellent accreditation status by the National committee for quality assurance
In 2008 Anthem blue cross launched the Zagat survey online tool, which enables consumers to share their experiences associated with medicine and medical care givers. This service is available free of cost to the members through their health plan web site. Based on other people’s experiences one is able to find solutions for their entire medical and insurance needs. It also helps one get a clear picture of the medical scenario today.
This company was founded in the year 1937 to provide insurance services to people in and around California. Today it has grown immensely and has expanded its business in a huge way, and diversified to other fields of insurance and financial solutions. It has a membership of 8.3 million, with affiliations to more than 300 acute care hospitals. This includes 52874 physicians and specialists.
Although initially started to help Californians, today it has National access through the blue card program.